So you have guests coming over shortly. The tortilla chips are out but you forgot to pick up the Salsa Casera... No worries! This quick and easy roasted salsa recipe is great for a last minute dip and will surely convince you that fresh is better than canned. It only takes 5 minutes to prep and you know everything in it is healthy, organic and chemical- free!
1 Pack Kunahmul Organics Roma Tomatoes
1 Organic Molé Pepper
2 Organic Poblanos
1 Organic Arból Chili Pepper (optional)
1 Bunch Organic Cilantro
1 Organic Lime
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Celsius.
2. Dice onions and place in cast iron (or pyrex). (Did you know if you cut the onion horizontally from end to end, it actually releases flavour faster?)
3. Dice your Molé Pepper and Poblano Peppers, removing the seeds and stems. Dice your Roma tomatoes and put it all in the cast iron.
4. Optional: If you like spice like we do, slice your Arból Pepper in thin pieces and add it to the mix. It'll add a warm earthy heat to the salsa, so watch out!
5. Mix in some cilantro, a pinch of salt and drizzle olive oil on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how roasted you want it).
6. Squeeze lime and mix. For the rustic chunky salsa, it's ready to serve! For the blended option, just throw it in a food processor or blender and voilà! Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.