There's something to be said about adding a little umame to your dish with organic vegetables. Whether it's in a middle eastern dish or spread in your lunchtime sandwich, homemade babaganoush adds loads of flavour with so little effort.
1 Pack Kunahmul Eggplant Medley (4 eggplants)
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice (or vinegar if not available)
1 heaping tablespoon of tahini*
* We found our organic Tahini at Save U! If you can't get a hold of some, no worries. Simply toast 1 cup of sesame seeds in a cast iron pan, and blend them with a little olive oil and lime juice.
1. Set oven to 375 degrees F. Cut 3-4 eggplants into rustic chunks- the way it looks doesn't matter, cause they'll be blended anyways. Dice up 4 garlic cloves, set aside.
2. Place eggplant pieces with garlic in cast iron pan, drizzle olive oil (and salt to taste) and let roast for 15 minutes.
3. Check your eggplant around 10 minutes. Pull out when it looks browned. * At this point, if you're too lazy to blend, no worries, you actually just made a delicious roasted eggplant that can be added as a side to your salad or as the meat in your pasta!
4. After you've let the eggplant cool for 10 minutes, blend with lime juice, tahini, olive oil and salt to taste.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or a beautiful homemade bread. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and garnish with paprika, cracked pepper or edible flower petals! Enjoy!